Sarawak 500 KV Backbone Transmission Line Project
Advisory services for design review (part I) and construction supervision, contract management and QA/completion management (part II) for four transmission line construction contracts, i.e. three 500 kV double circuit lines totalling 511 km, and one 275 kV double circuit line 55 km.
Norconsult performed the following services;
• The design tasks comprise detailed design analyses of 17 new tower types using PLS Tower/Staad Pro including full scale prototype testing of 6 tower types, detailed review of tower spotting and tower/span capacities / optimization using PLS CADD, detailed design review and full scale tests of foundations including piling, soil investigations and slope stability analyses, detailed design review of all conductors, optical ground wires, insulator strings, hardware, fittings etc. including factory acceptance tests (FAT).
• Advisory services to Employer on project management and contract management of construction contracts.
• Tower factory manufacturing supervision in association with Bureau Veritas (Shanghai)
• Advisory services to Employer on construction supervision.
• Advisory services to Employer on QA and completion management (CMS system integration).